Dec. 1, 2021
009 - “Cutting Through the Noise” with Charles Ventura
On this episode, we had Charles “Chuck” Ventura. Chuck is a the CEO of Hemotek Medical and President of Ventura Solutions. He has extensive product development, commercialization, and business management experience in the Medical Device industry. Chuck is a seasoned Medical Device leader with successful experience in Commercialization, R&D, Project Management, and Manufacturing Support. He also has start up experience in business development and investment management.
Chuck received his Bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering with a minor in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Chicago. He went on to earn his Master’s degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Chuck and I talk about:
* His career entry and expectations vs. reality
* Starting at the bottom and trusting the process
* How working as a systems and risk engineer influences his style in leading his companies
* Building business acumen
* The clinical study process for medical devices
* Staffing advice for college juniors and seniors to land their first job